BEFORE A VIOLENT INCIDENT OCCURS
Are you prepared?
• Teach your children to call 911.
• Identify neighbors you can tell about the violence in your life and ask them to call the police if they hear or see a disturbance.
• Develop a code word or signal to use so family, friends, or neighbors will know you are in danger and call the police.
• Open your own savings account to increase your independence.
• Leave money, an extra set of keys, copies of important documents, and extra clothes with someone you trust.